Perkins Town Hall is located at 3600 Franklinville Road in Woodstock, IL
In August 1884, Civil War veteran Andrew Lasell organized a meeting in Seneca Township to raise money for a new town hall. The motion passed, 43-24, in what was once called Snarltown and then became Franklinville. The land was bought at the corner of Franklinville and Garden Valley roads in 1885 for $150. Materials to build it cost under $100. It hosted its first meeting in 1887. On April 9, 1996, the Seneca Township Board donated the 1885 building to the McHenry County Historical Society for use as a living history museum. It is open to the public, most years, for Perkins Players' historical dramas in June and for Autumn Drive in October.
© 2023 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.