Join our board, and help us make history!
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. A commitment to our mission – to engage and educate current and future generations by preserving and sharing McHenry County history – is key.
Serving on the board or volunteering on a committee should be a good fit if you have …
- a passion for history in your life (travels, reading, interests)
- your own collection(s)
- experience serving on other boards
- attended activities and events sponsored by the Society
- volunteered at the Society
- taught school, given a presentation, or otherwise conveyed information to a group
- participated in any advocacy project (social, government, political, religious)
- contributed financially, other than your membership, to the Society in the past
- ideas, talents, expertise you wish to share in order to convey history and enrich lives
- four to eight hours a month to devote to board activities
Everyone brings their own valuable skill set to the table, however MCHS is especially looking for folks with a background in finance or the building trades – as well as a dedicated public servant from the county’s growing Latinx community. Prospective candidates must live or work in McHenry County.
If you would like to learn more or know of a person you believe would embrace this important role, contact the society using email: firstname.lastname@example.org. New three-year terms begin July 1. The museum is located at 6422 Main Street in Union, Illinois.
© 2023 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.